Date of Last Revision: 15 January 2011
We encourage users to contribute to My Lovely Pups and our Websites as often as they would like, so we can all help put together a central knowledge base with information and news about puppies and dogs. In order to maintain a cohesive and organised set of content, we ask that you follow some basic rules of the road.
First: The absolute don'ts:
- Don't violate anyone's intellectual property and post anyone else's copyrighted or confidential material you don't have permission to use.
- Don't post anything vulgar, inflammatory, obscene, demeaning, violent, pornographic, etc.
- Don't post spam.
- Don't post just to sell something. Sure, talk up your project, but don't mention how to buy it every single time.
- Don't launch into personal attacks. You're not going to agree with everyone, but name-calling will just cause trouble and will be regarded as flaming behaviour.
- Don't use too many metalinks and tags. If you just trying to boost your SEO, that's an abuse of the system.
Violation of these rules will result in the removal of the content and a warning from the site's administrators. A second violation will result in the removal of your user account.
Some Tips on How to Write Your Article
While we will try to publish all articles submitted, there will be some articles that simply won't be ready to publish. Here are some guidelines to help make your articles more publishable.
- Use English. Eventually we may make My Lovely Pups Websites multi-lingual, but for now, please keep articles and other content in English.
- Write descriptive titles. Instead of "Train Your Puppy," perhaps write "How to Get the Best out of Training Your Puppy."
- Write like a journalist. Start with ingress, a short paragraph that describes what your article is about and which make the reader interested to read the rest of your article.
- Use sub headlines who describe what the next paragraph(s) are about.
- If you can, use graphics. Make sure no artwork is wider then 500 pixels (px).
- Watch out for long, preformatted lined of text; they will break out of the main content column. Try to keep such lines short.
- Try not to be redundant. Make sure the content not reproducing a topic that is already posted on My Lovely Pups. Duplicate topics that overlap too much will not be published, so check the site first before working on your content. Also, if you have an idea, e-mail us at webmaster (at) mylovelypups dot com. We'll let you know if any one else is planning on writing about that topic already, and give you some ideas on what else you could write about.
- Tone down the foul language. You can say what you need to say without relying on cursing. In fact, your writing will be regarded as that much more creative.
My Lovely Pups is providing a framework for discussion and user generated information to expand the knowledge base of puppy and dog information. Please note that articles, as well as any other user content on our Websites (such as blogs, directory content, forums, comments, etc.); do not reflect the views or endorsements of the My Lovely Pups, its staff, or its members. We recognize there may be inaccurate information reflected in this Website and that users should understand that something that appears on My Lovely Pups' Websites does not mean that My Lovely Pups has vetted or endorsed that content.
If you spot an error, or a violation of this policy, please contact webmaster (at) mylovelypups dot com.